|For the brave of heart
As an iServer reseller, iPartner.net can offer you significant advantages
over all other hosting companies, due to our advanced technology,
quality service, and competitive prices. This document interchanges the
terms iServer and iPartner.net. iPartner.net is an iServer reseller, so their
technology is our technology (it's not that confusing!).
The iPartner.net Virtual Server System was created by "multiplexing" or
partitioning the root physical server into many independent Virtual
Servers. Only the physical hardware is controlled and maintained by
iServer. All of the software web, ftp, and pop services, as well
as the smtp gateway is completely independent, affording you
complete flexibility, control, and power over how your Internet services
behave. This gives you the ability to configure and customize (hack if
you will) your own Virtual Server. Below are just a few of the advanced
features of the iPartner.net Virtual Servers and the control they offer you.
- iPartner.net provides true Virtual Servers using iServer's unique proprietary technology. An
iPartner.net Virtual Server is not just a hosting solution it is much
more than that. An iPartner.net Virtual Server is a powerful Internet
solution with all of the server capabilities that you need to make your
business more effective on the Internet. "Virtual hosting", which other
hosting companies offer, is simply a single feature of the iPartner
Virtual Server System. iPartner.net allows you to host multiple virtual web
hosts each with its own domain name, FTP access, virtual e-mail,
and even set quotas on a single fully functional Virtual Server.
- All iPartner.net Virtual Servers come with iServer's own modified
version of the Apache 1.2.6 web server, the most popular web server
software package available. The iPartner.net Apache web server gives you
complete control of your configuration files and supports
user-installable dynamic modules and SSL digital certificates.
- The Virtual Server System not only provides FTP access, you also
have telnet, secure shell (SSH), Microsoft® File Share (your
Virtual Server's disk space becomes a network disk volume on your
Windows desktop), along with iManager/iRoot (you can upload/download via
your web browser). iManager/iRoot were written by iServer to provide you
full control over your Virtual Server functions without needing Unix
- Because iPartner.net offers true Virtual Servers, you have full cgi
support. Create your own cgi scripts in Perl4/5, C, C++, Objective C,
Java 1.02, Java 1.1, TCL/Tk, Python, sh, etc.
- An iPartner.net Virtual Server provides you with full access to your
own log files including access_log, error_log, agent_log and
referrer_log (in a combined or separate log format) that are fully
compatible with almost all popular statistic programs. You also have
your own sendmail and ftp log files.
- Each fully functional Virtual Server supports Anonymous FTP,
Multi-user FTP w/ quotas, FTP directory messages and "welcome" messages,
Anti-"Warez" support and secure user directories so your virtual host
users cannot get to privileged files.
- The iPartner.net Virtual Servers allow you to easily create
unlimited e-mail aliases, support unlimited autoresponders, and create
unlimited POP e-mail accounts at no extra charge. (POP service not
available for the Basic Virtual Server - Server A).
- The iPartner.net Virtual Server System gives you control over your
own "sendmail.cf" and e-mail "aliases" files. Therefore, popular list
manager software like Majordomo works great on iPartner.net servers.
Majordomo is even included in the iServer "contrib" library (which is
quite large). The "contrib" library also provides resources like PGP,
WWW Count, and Matt's WWW Board (just to name a few).
- iPartner.net supports the mSQL database program. In addition, you are
not limited to one database like many of our competitor's mSQL
offerings; rather, you can create numerous databases for use with your
- The iPartner.net Virtual Server System supports SSL, CyberCash,
htmlscript, PHP/FI, RealAudio, RealVideo, Microsoft®
FrontPage®, and just about any Unix BSD based program you can find.
- The iPartner.net Virtual Server product has "clean" e-mail headers.
You will not see "iPartner.net" anywhere in your headers nor in the
e-mail messages you send. Also, when you type "hostname" at your telnet
prompt in your Virtual Server you will see your own domain name not the
iPartner.net machine name. As far as anyone knows, you have your very own
dedicated server located in your office.
|Server and Network Technology
- iServer uses proven Intel Pentium, Pentium Pro, and Pentium II
technology. This is the same technology which is used to power the fastest supercomputer in the
world, which is capable of more than 1 trillion operations per
- Each iServer Virtual Server that iPartner.net sells has two
high-speed disk I/O channels and use advanced Ultra SCSI disk
- iServer uses 50ns EDO/ECC (Error Check and Correcting) Micron
memory, and lots of it.
- iServer concentrates hard on keeping its Servers properly
balanced so they are never over-loaded. iServer proves this by placing
less than 100 accounts on each of its Servers. Many other hosting
companies place 500-1000 accounts on a single Server. Proper load
balancing is just one more way iPartner.net provides you the power you
- The iServer Network employs high speed Cisco 7500 routers and
Cisco 5000 switches. Each server has its own dedicated, full-duplex
(collision-less) connection. The routers have dual power supplies and
dual route processors.
- Your online business is kept online using redundant OC3s (155
Mbps) connections through Verio's own high speed Internet backbone.
Keynote Systems consistently ranks Verio's backbone among the fastest
- Triple file backup of your data is offered using the following processes:
- An online mirror drive that can be accessed anytime ("/backup").
- A compressed archive to a separate system volume.
- An off-site tape archive.
- All of the iPartner.net server and networking equipment have UPS
battery and generator backup power supplies.